2010년 10월 2일 토요일

Unforgettable country "Morocco"

Blog Post #4 Assignment


     Today I'm going to tell you about Morroco.  Not just one of places or cities.  I 'm talking about an entire country.  Have you ever been to Morocco?  I have. Actually I went to Morocco not for just trip.  I visited there to do volunteer work.  I stayed for one month and it was summer from July to August.  When I arrived airport which is in Casablanca, temperature wasn't very hot.  Before I arrived I thought there should be very hot because Morocco is in the African Continent.  However Casablanca is like Korea in summer.
After then I moved to Fes where I did volunteer work, it was really hot and dry.  The temperature was maximum 50'C during staying there.  So Moroccans don't work around between 12:00pm to 4:00pm especially outside workers, one of Moroccans told me.  This is why if you go out in the night, there are so many people on the street.  I also usually go out and walk the street in the night.



     And there are many Moroccan foods. I want to introduce a few things. First, one of them is Moroccan bread.  Moroccans love bread so there are many kinds of bread.  One of them is taste like eggs bread maybe, it is very nice if you have it with a cup of milk.
The other one is a Date Palm which has sweet taste.  I think it is similar to jujube. Also there are a lot of tropical fruits.


     I traveled the other cities every weekend. I visited Casablanca, Rabate, Asilah, Meknes, and Marrakech.
Each city has each color or feature.  When I went to Casablanca which has lovely beach, there was very famous temple which is Hassan II. It is beside sea.  So if you go there, you can see both beautiful ocean and temple.
     And people was very kind in Casablanca.  For example, when I asked the way, the people smiled and responded it. By the way, Casablanca means White House in Spanish so there are many blue & white houses.



     When I went to Rabate which is the Capital of Morocco, the people look very busy.  there were many street stalls so when I walked on the street, the street vendors explained about their products and suggested me buy somethings. Also there were temples, I think there are so many temples because of their religion which is Muslim.  If you go to Rabate, you should visit Royal palace which is biggest one in Morocco and there is King of Morocco.  He usually stay there if he doesn't have special event in the other cities.

    
     If you have a chance to go to Morocco, I strongly recommend you go there. You won't reget your decision.  Also if you have any questions about Morocco, please ask me.  I'll tell you as much I know.




댓글 3개:

  1. Wow! I feel like I was in Morroco.
    It looks facinating..!

    답글삭제
  2. so, you've been there for volunteering? that was amazing!!! Actually, Im supposed to do as you like next year ! I want to volunteer in the Paris :)

    답글삭제
  3. 50 degree Celsius ?? For real??? How could you stand it ???

    답글삭제